The University of British Columbia (UBC), in VANCOUVER, was founded in 1908 by an Act of the provincial legislature. Before the University of British Columbia opened, higher education in BC was provided by denominational colleges affiliated with the universities of McMaster, Toronto and McGill. In 1910 a site at Point Grey was selected for UBC’s Vancouver campus. The outbreak of the First World War delayed construction and UBC began operations at Fairview in 1915. Through its association with McGill, the university was provided with the nucleus of its first staff and basic curriculum in arts and science and engineering. In 1919, the Faculty of Agriculture was established; nursing and health programs also began, leading to the first degree course in the British Empire. How to make a University of British Columbia transcript with high scores, buy fake UBC diploma and transcript, order a fake Canadian university transcript.
How to duplicate a transcript in Canada
In 1920 honours courses, extension services and summer sessions were introduced, and McGill’s Victoria College in Victoria became an affiliate of the university. In 1925 UBC moved to its permanent site on the Vancouver campus. Expansion of the campus was virtually at a standstill during the 1930s. Academic expansion during this period included the establishment of a university extension department (1936) and the further development of work in forestry and commerce.
Military training for students was a feature of campus life during the First and Second World Wars. Many faculty members served in the armed forces or were involved in scientific research to aid the war effort. UBC enrolment rose dramatically following the Second World War from 3058 in 1944-45 to 9374 in 1947-48. Surplus army and air force camps provided several hundred temporary classrooms as well as faculty and student housing.
In the postwar era several new buildings were erected. Four new faculties were established: law (1945), graduate studies (1948), pharmacy (1949) and medicine (1950); two established departments were elevated to faculty status: forestry (1951) and commerce (1957); and the provincial normal school was incorporated into the university as the Faculty of Education (1956). Since the 1960s the university added the Faculty of Dentistry (1964), and schools of library science, rehabilitation medicine and audiology and speech sciences. In 1964, the Faculty of Arts and Science split into two separate faculties.